“ It may be that when we no longer know which way to go
we have come to our real journey.”
– Wendell Berry
We all face changes in our lives. These forks in the road could be at work, at home or in our social and community life:
- Should I leave my job, or start a new career? (or start that side hustle I’ve been thinking about?)
- Should I go back to work after being a stay at home parent, and if so, what type of job should I look for?
- I’m an introvert and I’m so exhausted after work – how can I be successful while following my natural tendencies?
- I always wanted to do ‘x’ with my life – why didn’t I do that?
- I’m approaching a milestone birthday – how did I get here?
- I know something needs to change, but I have no idea how to start.
Many times we are able to make decisions with ease. Other times, we are confused, overwhelmed or nervous about what path to take. During those times, it can be helpful to work with a coach.
I am a Martha Beck trained life coach and I help people make decisions intentionally for a more authentic life.
If you are curious about whether life coaching is a good fit for you at this phase of your life, review the Frequently Asked Questions about what life coaching is (and isn’t!), and whether you and I would be a good fit. If you want to set up a free consultation, please contact me here.
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
― Lao Tzu
Frequently Asked Questions About Life Coaching
What is a Life Coach?
A life coach works with you to design and optimize your life, based on your values, goals, strengths and current life circumstances.
How is a Life Coach different than a therapist?
A therapist will look to manage a clinical condition. A life coach, on the other hand, is similar to a personal trainer – a coach will start with where you are today, and support you to design and optimize your life. People may work with therapists and coaches during the same phase of their life- since their focuses are different, there does not need to be conflict there.
Also, the goal is not to be in a coaching relationship forever- people may work with a coach for a period of months, then take a break, and may sign up for sessions again at a later time.
What activities will we do during sessions with Monica?
The activities we’ll engage in together may include:
- Questions, discussion, and reflection
- Body awareness activities
- Guided meditations
- Journal exercises
During our sessions, you will:
- Articulate your values (and your value!)
- Identify areas of dissatisfaction in your life
- Dissolve limiting thoughts that stand in the way of your inner voice
- Prioritize your needs and set boundaries
- Recognize your own intuition and body-sense to guide you in making decisions that align with your authentic self.
How do I know if Monica would be a good fit to coach me?
Ask yourself the questions below. If you answer yes to any 3 of them, we may be a good fit to work together.
- Are you facing a significant change that brings discomfort?
- Are you dissatisfied with the path that you’re on, but not sure what path to pursue?
- Do you feel like you are on autopilot and that life is racing by?
- Are you an introvert and feel exhausted when you finish working?
- Do you want to make a change, but don’t know where to start?
- Do you want to trust your gut instinct (inner voice, intuition), but not sure what it’s telling you?
- Do you want to make your life decisions with intention?
Can sessions be held remotely?
Yes! Sessions can be held remotely from anywhere in the world, or in person in the greater Boston area.
How much do sessions cost?
Sessions are $100/hour. To purchase a series of 1-hour sessions, 3 sessions for $270; 6 sessions for $510. 1.5 hour sessions are also available upon request.
After each session, I will follow up by email to see how things are progressing, as you apply your skills to your daily life.
This sounds good so far! What do I do next?
Contact me here to set up a free 30-minute consultation so we can get acquainted. From there, we will schedule one or multiple sessions as you see fit. I’m looking forward to meeting you!