“ It may be that when we no longer know which way to go
we have come to our real journey.”
– Wendell Berry
Does any of this feel familiar?
- I’m burned out at my (paid or unpaid) job – I know I need to change something, but I don’t have time to do self-care or reflection on what to change!
- I always wanted to (be a writer, start a business, etc) – but it seems so overwhelming. How can I even get started when I also have (a job, kids, family/community responsibilities)?
- I think mindfulness and meditation could be helpful to me, but I’m bad at it. Maybe I’m the type of person it doesn’t work for?
- I’m approaching a milestone birthday and feel like I should have already achieved so much more – how did I get here?
- Things are actually going well for me, but something doesn’t feel right. Do I need to change anything?
Many times we are able to make changes in our life with ease. Other times, we are confused, overwhelmed or nervous about what path to take. During those times, it can be helpful to work with a coach.
I am a Martha Beck trained life coach and I help people make intentional decisions for a more authentic life.
If you are curious about whether life coaching is a good fit for you at this phase of your life, review the Frequently Asked Questions about what life coaching is (and isn’t!), and whether you and I would be a good fit. If you want to set up a free consultation, please contact me here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Life Coaching
What is a Life Coach?
A life coach works with you to design and optimize your life, based on your values, goals, strengths and current life circumstances.
How is a Life Coach different than a therapist?
A therapist will look to manage a clinical condition. A life coach, on the other hand, is similar to a personal trainer – a coach will start with where you are today, and support you to design and optimize your life. People may work with therapists and coaches during the same phase of their life- since their focuses are different, there does not need to be conflict there.
Also, the goal is not to be in a coaching relationship forever- people may work with a coach for a period of months, then take a break, and may sign up for sessions again at a later time.
What activities will we do during sessions with Monica?
The activities we’ll engage in together may include:
- Questions, discussion, and reflection
- Body awareness activities
- Guided meditations
- Journal exercises
During our sessions, you will:
- Articulate your values (and your value!)
- Identify areas of dissatisfaction in your life
- Dissolve limiting thoughts that stand in the way of your inner voice
- Prioritize your needs and set boundaries
- Recognize your own intuition and body-sense to guide you in making decisions that align with your authentic self.
How do I know if Monica would be a good fit to coach me?
Ask yourself the questions below. If you answer yes to any 3 of them, we may be a good fit to work together.
- Are you facing a significant change that brings discomfort?
- Are you dissatisfied with the path that you’re on, but not sure what path to pursue?
- Do you feel like you are on autopilot and that life is racing by?
- Are you burned out and too exhausted to think about what to change?
- Do you want to make a change, but don’t know where to start?
- Do you want to trust your gut instinct (inner voice, intuition), but not sure what it’s telling you?
- Do you want to make your life decisions with intention?
Can sessions be held remotely?
Yes! Sessions can be held remotely from anywhere in the world, or in person in the greater Boston area.
How much do sessions cost?
Individual sessions are $100 and one hour in duration. In these times of high economic uncertainty, I am offering tiered pricing and customizable programs. Contact me so we can talk through your specific needs. Here are programs that I offer:
Overwhelm Emergency – (1, 2 or 3 sessions) – If you’re juggling too much and it feels overwhelming, self-care may be the last thing that you think you have time for. In these moments, it’s important to get back to basics. This program will help you identify what types of self-care will rejuvenate you, so that you can continue your work to care for others.
Quick Reboot – (3 sessions) Sessions will uncover and address the thoughts that are keeping you stuck. You will learn skills to take with you when the three sessions are over!
Introduction to Mindfulness – (5 sessions) if you have wanted to try out meditation or mindfulness practice, but thought you were ‘bad at it’ (spoiler: you’re not bad at it!), we will work on getting past foundational blocks with practical exercises.
Mind-Body Deep Dive – (7 sessions) Body based exercises will illuminate areas where you are stuck, physically or emotionally. Learn skills to help you get grounded amid stress or chaos.
This sounds good so far! What do I do next?
Contact me here to set up a free 30-minute consultation so we can get acquainted. From there, we will schedule one or multiple sessions as you see fit. I’m looking forward to meeting you!