- Sit at the table and take a grounding breath
- With pencil, draw a dot, approximately a quarter inch in from each corner
- Using the pencil, connect the dots to make a square border. This should be free hand- do not use a straight edge or ruler.
- With the pencil, draw a “string” onto the paper – a free form curved line that subdivides the square into additional shapes.
- Now focus on one of the shapes. Using the black pen, fill it with a pattern. Squiggles, geometric shapes, lines – anything will do. Just follow what your instinct wants to draw here.
- Once you’re done with the initial pattern, you may choose to shade or color in the pattern. You can use the pencil to shade in the shapes or lines, or the black pen to color in. Whatever you feel drawn to do, then follow that instinct.
- Then move on to the next shape, and repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining shapes.